Thursday 3 June 2010

Follow that book


Because I'm a bit of a creep and following in our illustrious leader's footsteps, I thought I would also comment on this morning's activities. By the end of follow that book I was quite exhausted!! It has revealed to me how hard working all my colleagues are and very interesting to find out what part everyone plays. It is easy to become rather insular while doing your own work. Also it can highlight where things maybe improved on in terms of streamlining certain tasks.

We've been asked to talk about how we felt actually teaching rather than being on the other side. Personally I think it does make you consider what you do and try to put it over in a logical order so people can understand. Sometimes nerves can get in the way but then I sometimes give talks at Audley End to the general public which can be far scarier especially when you cannot remember your 1066 and all that!!

PS. This doesn't mean I want to do this regularly and become a public speaker!!

5 comments:

  1. couldn't agree more (but not the bit about you being a creep!)
    I.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I'd be creepier and follow your blog!

    I enjoy your food pictures - good to get your priorities right.

    Hippos pictures are excellent!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually all this blogging can be quite fun, perhaps we should get together Anne as we are both into food and Hippos. Not necessarily in that order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Talks in Audley End? I'll have to watch out for you the next time I'm there. Now who's creepy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake winner!!!! (prize will be waiting for you when you get in on Thursday)
    I.

    ReplyDelete